Monday, February 15, 2010

Where I'm Living

I was talking to my mom the other day and she pointed out that I have not really described the university or my dorms. The best thing to do, if you want to figure out where UKZN Pietermaritzburg is, is to use google earth and search the university. The address is Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa and if you put in Milner Road that should give you some indication of the site of the school.
This is the Old Clock Tower Building on the main campus. It is now home to the English department. UKZN has three campuses. This one, the agriculture and science campus (at 10-20 minute walk), and the New Arts Campus (a 5-10 minute walk).

Instead of flyers to announce university events, there are these walls on a few spots of campus which will be painted every once in a while to announce a major event.
My dorm room. Bug free at the moment but I did have an ant invasion last week. I also bought a citranella candle yesterday which should help. Notice how bare the walls are. I need to invest in tape and pictures. It's really quite comfortable. Although the kitchen's a little gross and we have to carry our own toilet paper to the bathroom (where hot water is not always available). Considering how hot it is though, cold showers really aren't a bad thing.

Ok, back to school work! Fun Fun Fun!! Love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment